Welcome to Windy City Anesthesia
Windy City Anesthesia was founded by Dan Borvan in 1995. Dan received his Master of Science Degree in Nurse Anesthesia from Bradley University. He has served his country in both the United States Army and the Air Force Reserve, achieving the rank of Captain, and earning the U.S. Army Certificate of Achievement.
In addition to his over twelve years of experience in providing office-based anesthesia services, Dan spent eight years in trauma anesthesia at Olympia Fields Hospital and Medical Center. In service to the anesthesia field at large, he is also a Past President of the Illinois Association of Nurse Anesthetists (2007-2008), as well as a member of the Illinois Society of Advanced Practice Nurses.
Windy City Anesthesia is the Midwest leader in anesthesia services. We provide anesthesia coverage to hospitals, surgery centers and physician’s offices.
Our dedication, hard work, and competitive rates allow us to excel in our service to you. Whether you are an anesthesia provider, a hospital/surgery center administrator, or a surgeon; the employees of Windy City Anesthesia will work with you and for you. Our goal is to make your anesthesia as smooth as a summer breeze!
In Windy City our services include:
Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Manipulation Under Anesthesia, Plastic Surgery Anesthesia, Dental Surgery Anesthesia, Obstetrics and Gynecologic Anesthesia, Interventional Pain Management Center, Podiatry Surgery Anesthesia and Urology.
If you have decided to partner with Windy City Anesthesia, rest assured that you are in the hands of health care professionals.
At Windy City Anesthesia we will provide you with the best techniques, the best equipment and the utmost care by our heath care professionals.
When you receive care from Windy City Anesthesia, you will always have information about the care you should receive before undergoing surgery such as:
- Be sure not to have anything to eat or drink 6 hours prior to your scheduled surgery in your doctor’s office
- Be sure to discontinue any herbal medications, weight loss medications, aspirin products including ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, etc) or vitamins for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Be sure to have an adult available to drive you home from the surgery and remain with you for the first 24-48 hours after surgery. Do not drive if you are taking pain medication, as this may result in altering your ability to operate machinery.
- Please wear loose and comfortable clothing; usually a buttoned baggy shirt and loose comfortable sweat pants. Please remove anybody piercings prior to coming into the surgeon’s office for your procedure as your surgeon may be using electro-cautery equipment and any metal on your body may react to this equipment, causing burns.
- The anesthesiologist will contact you before and after the surgery.
- Windy City Anesthesia will call the patient the night before your procedure to get a full medical history
- Be sure to take your medication, (such as high blood pressure medications or heart pills) prior to your scheduled time of surgery if you do so every day. You may take your medication with a small sip of water but please do not drink more than a sip or it could result in the cancellation of your procedure.
Thank you for providing Windy City Anesthesia the opportunity to care for you!
If you require any of these services you can contact the phone numbers: (815) 469-9750