Windy City Anesthesia offers office-based anesthesia in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.
Nurses first provided anesthesia on the battlefields of the American Civil War. During WWI, nurse anesthetists became the predominant providers of anesthesia care to wounded soldiers on the front lines; today, CRNAs continue to be the primary providers of anesthesia care to U.S. military personnel on front lines, navy ships, and aircraft evacuation teams around the globe. (AANA)i
Today, CRNAs continue to offer anesthesia services, in rural America, enabling healthcare facilities in these medically underserved areas to offer obstetrical, surgical, pain management and trauma stabilization services. (AANA)i
Managed care plans recognize CRNAs for providing high-quality anesthesia care with reduced expense to patients and insurance companies. The cost-efficiency of CRNAs helps control escalating healthcare costs. (AANA)i
CRNA’s main responsibilities are:
• Provide attention before, during and after anesthesia.
• Ability to administer anesthesia in surgical, diagnostic, therapeutic and obstetric procedures. • Ability to perform epidural, spinal, or nervous blocks.
• Ability to review the patient’s medical history to ensure that there is no allergy or disease that may interfere with anesthesia.
According to the AANA (American Association of Anesthetist Nurses), the following requirements must be met to be certified as a CRNA:
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
• Be licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN)
• Have at least two years of experience as an RN in an acute care setting (for example, ICU or ER)
• Master’s degree in Nurse Anesthesia from an accredited school
• Pass the national certification exam through the National Board of Certification and
Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA)
• Recertify every two years with a 40-hour proof of education.
As you can see, CRNAs are highly qualified to perform all kinds of anesthesia in all kinds of settings. Windy City Anesthesia has anesthesia providers to make your surgical procedures smooth as a summer breeze.
Windy City Anesthesia has CRNAs to make your surgical procedure a highly safe process.